After a storm or a hurricane we receive many calls from concerned building owners. At Florida Quality Roofing, we understand the importance of having the right information when you need it most. The following information is recommended by the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA).
Selecting a roofing contractor
Often following a natural disaster, unprofessional contractors will try to take advantage of unsuspecting homeowners. If it is necessary to hire a roofing contractor for roof repairs, you should keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Price is only one criterion for selecting a professional roofing contractor; professionalism and quality workmanship also must be considered. Take some time to evaluate potential contractors before any re-roofing work begins.
A professional roofing contractor should have:
- A permanent place of business
- Knowledge of various roof systems
- Proof of insurance and an effective safety program
- Evidence of industry professionalism, such as proof of training, manufacturer certifications, association membership, business account balance statement, etc.
- Continuing industry education
- Financial stability
- A written proposal
- A license and/or be bonded
- References in your state (Proceed with caution if the contractor only provides out-of-state references.)
- A maintenance program
Beware of a contractor:
- Whose references are all out of state
- Who only wants cash
- Who wants money before materials are on site
- Who offers “specials” or “extra-cheap” work
Hire a local contractor like Florida Quality Roofing, we have been serving local clients since 2002. We meet and exceed all NRCA guidelines and we have a proven record of exceeding customer expectations.
For a more detailed NRCA guide click here or contact us. We proudly provide roof repair services to the following cities and surrounding areas: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando and Tampa.