Another successful restoration project, this Tampa Bay Condominium Silicone Roof Restoration was selected as a First Place winner in the 2016 Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing Awards (S.T.A.R.) in the Unique category.
Type: Silicone Roof Restoration
Date: May 2016
Size: 25,000 square feet
Roofing System: High Solids Silicone
Tampa Bay Condominium Silicone Roof Restoration
This Tampa Bay Condominium Silicone Roof Restoration is a great example of how successful a silicone restoration can be both cost effective and energy efficient. In addition, this project was selected as a First Place winner in the 2016 Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing Awards (S.T.A.R.) in the Unique category.
S.T.A.R.—Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing is an awards program designed by the Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA) to recognize members’ unique and outstanding projects completed in the state of Florida.
Here’s what makes this Tampa Bay Condominium Silicone Roof Restoration project challenging, unique and award worthy:
- The property is located next to the Gulf of Mexico in Indian Shores and there is a lot of wind.
- There are ponding water areas.
- There is no parapet wall which creates a safety hazard.
- The roof experiences high foot traffic by other tradesmen and there is no onsite personnel to escort AC and tradesmen.
In order to ensure the success of this Tampa Bay Condominium Silicone Roof Restoration project we would need to take additional measures:
- A silicone roof restoration is a better option because it withstands ponding water (versus acrylic coatings)
- The best option is to roll the silicone rather than spray it to prevent over spray due to high winds on an 8 story building in front of the ocean.
- We recommended they control roof access by placing a lock on the door, creating a log, adding warning signs and create a walk path to designate walk-able areas for tradesmen to prevent both roof damage and for safety.
- All vehicles near the building were asked to move.
- We rolled on the silicone product rather than spray it to prevent over spray.
- Safety is our top priority: A four foot warning line was established along the perimeter of the roof and a Florida Quality Roofing safety monitor was on site to ensure the safety of our workers at all times. The safety monitor ensured all OSHA guidelines were followed as well as manufacturer’s Materials Safety Guidelines which is found on the Material Safety Data Sheet of the product we were applying.
In essence, through the silicone roof coating restoration the roof was restored and Florida Quality Roofing along with The Henry Company gave Gulf Shores Condominium an additional 15 more useful protective years, in which the buildings will also benefit from a cooler, more energy-efficient environment.
A 15 year maintenance agreement was also part of the contract to uphold the Warranty.
Lastly, this project has been featured in the CoatingsPro National publication geared towards the coatings industry. Here’s the Press Release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/florida-quality-roofing-featured-3-times-by-coatingspro-magazine-301012058.html
Also, here’s a link to the article on CoatingsPro Magazine: https://nace.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=644836&ver=html5&p=38
For additional information on Silicone Roof Coating Restorations click here: https://floridaqualityroofing.com/silicone-roof-coating-restoration/
Most roof restorations will have a minimal impact on the environment and avoid landfill waste
Research indicates that restorations are becoming more popular because of their proven results
A roof restoration can cost significantly less than a re-roof
Restoring a roof with highly reflective energy efficient coating will reduce consumption by keeping the building cooler.